Overcoming Single Parenting Challenges
Table of Contents
- Why a book on the Rewards and Challenges of Single Parents?
- Some introductory definitions
- Who is really in question here?
- What and whom are single parents, as individuals, as a group?
- What do we mean by single parenting?
- Why the dual focus rewards and challenges?
- SECTION I: BREAKING WITH THE OLD AND GETTING ON WITH THE NEW!
- Parenting Generally speaking - The value of a parent
- Nurturing close connections and bonds, roles and responsibilities
- connections that matter and make a difference
- Solving behavioral problems and encouraging confidence
- Meeting children where they are
- Strategies for dealing with parenting difficulties, facing a new
- situation and a unique set of operating principles
- SECTION II: MAKING EVERYDAY COUNT AND MAKING A DIFFERENCE!
- The transition and new circumstance - journeying down the path of the
- Seeing things from the child's point of view
- A new path and survival plan for single parents - rewards and challenges
- References, Resources, Online Links and Support Group